It’s high time you would want to kick-start your Railway Recruitment Board Group D exam preparation. Railway Recruitment Board has already announced the official notification for the exam as well as published the syllabus too. So, now you can know exactly what topics you should study and how to prepare for the exams. The board has announced a total of 62, 907 vacancies in the railways. Read on to know the syllabus so that you can prepare confidently…
Railway Recruitment Exam Question Pattern
You need to check the important dates, the eligibility criteria, as well as the application process before applying for the posts or sitting for the examinations. If you have already done these, then its time you look at the exam pattern so that you get an idea of the ways you can manage time on the examination. Knowing the pattern will also help to reduce your nervousness on the day of the exam. You’d already know what kinds of questions would come and the corresponding marks. Thus, you will be better prepared to face the questions on the exam day.
Railway Recruitment Exam Syllabus 2018
To start with, you need to know that there will be a total of three stages of the exam, as follows:
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
Now, let’s understand what each of the three sections holds –
Computer Based Test
Each of the 3 stages of the test has a unique pattern to follow. The CBT will be based on the following pattern:
|SUBJECTS||No. Of Questions||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning|
|General Awareness on Current Affairs|
Besides this, there are a few other important things that you need to be careful about:
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer
- 1/3rd marks of each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer
- The questions feature objective type with multiple choices.
Now, let’s check the syllabus for each of the sections –
- Number system
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Elementary Statistics
- Square root
- Age Calculations
- Calendar & Clock
- Pipes & Cistern
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Mathematical operations
- Venn Diagram
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Similarities and Differences
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement – Arguments and Assumptions
- Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level
General Awareness of Current Affairs – Railway Group D Syllabus
- Science & Technology
- Politics and any other subjects of importance
Study Materials For The Railway Recruitment Exams
There are sample papers and preparation materials available online. Thus, you can download those. For better preparation, you can also purchase guidebooks for railway exams available at bookstalls near you. You should get study materials immediately if you haven’t bought those yet. Start practicing and solve hundreds of questions before you could get confident to be able to score high marks in the exam.
Exam tips for preparation
- To prepare to answer current affairs you should read questions regarding art and culture, awards, business, books, recommendations, national & international affairs, and government policies.
- Check the syllabus well and prepare accordingly. There will be no questions from outside the syllabus in the exam. So, you should prepare what is being asked for.
- Practice mathematics properly so that you should be able to solve problems of trigonometry, probability, as well as problems from other chapters as well.
- Do not get nervous. If you start preparing well before the time you should be able to score high marks in the exam.
Best of luck!